For the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Course Cloud whose registered office is at 1 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London, EC1R 5HL.
What Personal Data may be RequestedFor us to supply a premiere education service for you, we may request the following pieces of information:
- ● Name – Including contact details, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- ● Demographic data – Including your postcode, personal interests, life preferences, and hobbies.
- ● Technical information – Including your main IP address, type of operating system, network, etc.
- ● Optional – Including information that may relate to customer quality surveys or special price offers
Please be aware that any personal information that is collected, may be taken in more than one way, and you have agreed to these procedures by officially registering on our website. In addition to this, further details may be bookmarked by the regular use of web browser cookies and other methods. If you decide to connect to our service via social media applications (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), we have the right to correlate further information from those sources.
Why do we Need Your Information?The information that we collect about you is safely stored and protected. We will only use the data in the following ways:
- ● Quality control – To improve our service by measuring your data and uses
- ● Customer service – To quickly reply to your important questions
- ● Administration – To keep our site and services up to date
- ● Special offers – To occasionally send you special offers that we think you may like to take advantage of
- ● Market research – To ensure that we are giving our learners what they want
- ● Quality improvement – To customise and continually improve our sites and services
- ● Contract fulfilment – To ensure that you get what you want and when you want it
- ● Site upgrades – To notify you of any changes that may affect you or your account
- ● Lawful uses – We will never do anything that will expose or harm your account or personal data
Who will see your Information?
- ● If we have received a legal document placing us under a duty to disclose or share your personal information; or to enforce or apply our policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of course Cloud and its staff, customers, or others – we will cooperate with the authorities involved. This will include exchanging some information with other companies and groups to prevent fraud and credit card crime.
- ● It will be disclosed only as necessary to our: employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, and suppliers. And only so far as for the purposes set out in this policy.
- ● If the company is bought or sold, along with all business or assets, it will be securely passed to our prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- ● In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, we will disclose information securely to data processors who process personal information data on our behalf
- ● Proficiency scores and progression rates may be shared with your employer or peers if the course has been purchased via a company account
- ● General information may be used in media or advertising releases, in a way that will make it impossible for you to be identified
How much control do you have of your Personal Information?While your personal information is collected in the various ways described previously, and for the detail reasons, an “opt-out” choice does exist for your usage. By choosing this option, you are indicating to us that you do not want any communications regarding marketing campaigns and special course offers that may be to your advantage. This means that personal information collected and stored for that purpose will not be archived. It may also mean that some features of the website may be locked to your user.
You also have the option to change your mind regarding the use of your personal information at any time. You can do this by writing or emailing us as Moreover if you have previously agreed to us to use your personal information for such communication purposes, you have the option to change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
You can also request the full details of your personal information for a small fee (£10) payable which we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to have a copy of the information held about you, or you would like to apply any important changes, please write to: Course Cloud, 1 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London, EC1R 5HL, UK
How Secure is your Information?All the data collected from you may be transferred and stored in a secure location outside the EU and European Economic Area (EEA). It is staffed by experts working outside the EEA and employed by our trusted suppliers. It may also be processed or handled by similar staff who fulfil your requests and orders. By registering with us, you agree to this procedure, and we guarantee to take all steps reasonable to ensure this data is kept safe and secure.
Course Cloud is thoroughly committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept private throughout its data journey in our sites. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have place electronic, physical, and managerial safeguards in place. However, as with all data protection there cannot be an absolute guarantee or promise of the total security of the information since the Internet is a public place. Therefore, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss, damage, liability or any cost you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this website.
You must agree to use and safeguard a chosen password to access our services. You will be fully responsible for the confidentiality of this password, and we would ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What do we do with your Technical Information?As stated previously, we may collect information about your set-up, including the IP address and Operating System. This is purely for statistical data regarding browsing actions and patterns and will not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. With this information, we can:
- ● Estimate the size and requirements of our user base
- ● Archive information about preferences and customise our site accordingly.
- ● Speed up searches.
- ● Allow you to logon and start at the very place you stopped last time, regardless of the time away
[Please note: Personal cookie settings on your device may affect our data gathering and mark some areas of our site as being unusable]